Monday, February 2, 2009


I just got back tonight from a trip to Mammoth Lakes. I went snowboarding all day and had an absolutely incredible time - nothing like freshly groomed snow on a massive mountain with sunny 50 degree weather to enjoy. I hadn't been snowboarding in almost 5 years and it was long overdue, there is an exhiliration in this kind of sport that I had nearly forgotten. The endorphins rushing through my body were like the welcoming of an old friend. The picture below is me having a blast on the mountain.


I also got to take Manoah sledding for the first time. His first time down the hill I think I caught him off guard, but after that he really warmed up to it shouting "again, again" to myself, uncle Joe, and auntie Nas (Wanida). I also built a snowman for Manoah which he managed to kick to pieces in a matter of seconds - it made me wonder what he really meant this Christmas when he would say, "I lub boo Snowmane (e.g., I love you snowman)."

All that being said, some vacations are much needed, and this one was a delightful break where I was able to remember two important things - I am still only 27, and I am a 27 year old father.

No comments: